Sunday, 19 June 2016

Skin Care Review: Votre Face Serum

I am not really big on tedious skin care routines which more often than not leave us tired than refreshed. I usually keep it very basic, sticking just to a face wash, moisturizer and sunscreen. However, I've recently begun using serums too and now wonder how I ever survived without them! I absolutely love their mild and feathery touch, seeping gracefully into my skin within secs. The one that's in my present routine is the Votre Face Serum. Let's see how it worked for me!


Product Claims: "This Aqua rich revitalizing (PM) serum enriched with virgin cold pressed oils, Herbal blends & innovative molecules! Which helps to brighten the complexion and reduce fine lines."

serum, votre, vegan, skin care
IngredientsSimmondsia chinensis (Jojoba oil), Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice extract) , Pelargoneum Roseum (Geranium oil), Olea Europaea (Olive oil), Prunus dulcis (Almond oil), Citrus sinensis (Orange peel extract), Prunus brigantine(Apricot oil ), Citurs limon (Lemon extract), Rosa canina(rosehip oil),Base Q.S

Price1670

Quantity: 12 ml

Usage: I take 3 pumps of the serum and massage it on my skin in gentle circular motion

votre dropper, packaging, brown

Packaging: I've accidentally dropped it enough number of times to officially vouch for its strong glass packaging! That being said, it's nothing too fancy. The glass is in brown color, probably to protect the serum from light. Votre's logo got me laughing! I mean, kudos to the person who came up with a guy and girl separated by a square. LOL.

Color and Texture: Liquid, non-sticky and milky white 


votre serum, texture, serum, color, consistency


My Experience: Indian brand Votre's serum is one of the initial few serums I inculcated into my skin care regime. The first thing that hit me was the lovely fragrance. I really can't place it but it's extremely soothing and pleasant. The consistency is light and non-sticky, making it blend fluently into your skin. I started noticing quite a drastic difference within two weeks of using it regularly. My redness has reduced and I feel an innate glow on my face. My complexion has become more even now, but that could also be because of my weekly skin care indulgence.

serum, pigmentation, indian brand





I use Votre Face Serum twice a day. I let it get absorbed thoroughly for 30 secs, following it up with my Atopia Moisturizer. The dropper makes it hygienic to get the serum out in a controlled manner. But for some reason I don't find it very convenient to dispense the product. I don't know if it's the manufacturing fault with solely this dropper, but I find myself putting in extra efforts trying to pump it out. I think it would be awesome if they switched to pump packaging.

Pros
  • Strong glass packaging
  • Prolonged efficacy due to the brown case
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Noticeable glow in skin from first week onward
  • Super light consistency
  • Refreshing fragrance
  • Votre is a 100% vegan and cruelty free brand

Cons
  • Expensive
  • The dropper

Ratings: 4/5

Final Verdict: Votre Face Serum is really good for those suffering from pigmentation and dull skin. However, I'll probably try some better brands too considering the competition of serums in the beauty world.




Related Articles

22 comments:

  1. Najah I don't know why but this one didn't work for me at all.It was such a dud for me . Good that it worked for you dear.Nicely reviewed though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that sucks :/ what happened though?

      Delete
  2. I guess this serum has mixed reviews. Nicely reviewed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used face serum, this looks like a nice product after reading your review.
    Nice review.

    http://rasoirecipe.com/falafel/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should use one! They're amazing. Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. Najah, great post...I am not into serums but will try it sometime soon...Loved going thru this post...xo, Neha

    www.theinstylejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get a serum. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. I tried couple of votre products which came along with Fab Bag, and I did not quite like any of them. All of them smelled of dettol somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, idk about the smell but the logo does remind me of detergent products.

      Delete
  6. Never tried serum but this seems great :)

    http://perkymegs.com/2016/06/aishwarya-rai-cannes-2016-makeup-tutorial-purple-lips-video/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this serum but yet to try it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not too fond of serums and I don't know why. This one looks good but very pricey.

    Skincare Villa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love serums, although this particular one seems debatable :)

      Delete
  9. Sadly it did not work for me..
    http://senseiteve.com
    http://twosomelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dropper was quite messy too, but I liked the serum a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't see much of a difference post using it. Glad it worked out for you though.

    https://msmeehnia.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. havent tried it but seems great :D

    xx
    www.planetbeauties.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't use serums but this seems like a nice one :)


    Come visit us soon
    xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar
    http://makeupstyleandsugar.blogspot.in/2016/07/everything-was-fact-but-she-in-fact-was-a-fiction-a-mystery.html
    https://www.instagram.com/ankitabardhan/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice review. I'll try it.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete