Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Indian Drugstore Mascaras: My Top 3!

mascaras, mascara, top 3, top three, indian, drugstore, maybelline, l'oreal

I learned applying mascara the last out of all cosmetics. I'd either poke the wand into my eye or accidentally slather the mascara across my nose. And the weary task of removing it without looking like a raccoon got me even more meh...

mascara, funny, meme, beauty, love, raccoon
Image Courtesy: Know Your Meme
However, I earnestly began watching crazy amounts of mascara tutorials on my quest to look a lil more feminine (ahem) around 2 years ago and, holy moly, never looked back. The right technique transformed my appearance in a matter of few strokes and accentuated my eyes like no body's business. I don't even need to put anything else now (except, perhaps a lip balm), to look presentable around people. Getting it off the lashes is also much simpler courtesy, Micellar water!

I loouve u, mascaras. Sorry for neglecting you all my life, bae.

To celebrate my love for them, I've compiled a list of the three best drugstore mascaras I simply cannot do without! Here are they:

  • Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Mascara
maybelline hypercurl volum' express mascara, swatch, waterproof

This rings immense nostalgia as Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express was the first mascara I ever purchased. I remember awkwardly confessing to the SA that I knew nothing about makeup on being asked which type of mascara I was looking for. On requesting her to suggest me something no-fuss and easy to apply, she handed out this adorable thing. 





Hypercurl Volum' Express is pretty affordable and perfect for beginners/daily use. My eyelashes look really nice and curled up after applying about 2 coats. It stays on for a decent time (say, 4 hours?) after which your lashes start to droop. The major drawback is that it could lead to a few clumps if you aren't careful.

Price: Rs. 325 ($5)

  • The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara 
maybelline the falsies volum' express mascara, top three indian drugstore, sensitive eyes

I get really dark and full lashes after applying this mascara! Can't say much about the falsies claim, but it's still really, really good! It lasts for good 9 to 5 on me without irritating my eyes, so a great choice for sensitive eyes too. The only deterrent factor is the wand: it's sorta wobbly, consequently lending a less-than-neat finish during a rush. Apart from that, I think you should definitely give The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara a try!

Price: Rs. 500 ($8)

  • L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes
loreal million lashes mascara, swatch indian drugstore top 3

I actually got asked by people if I was wearing falsies with this one! Seriously one of the best lengthening mascaras I've tried. It beautifully imbues individual volume and darkness to my lashes. The packaging is classy and the wand is sturdy and easy to work with. I really have no complaints with it except that a few people might find an issue with it not being waterproof. Can totally live with that hitch. L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes is on a higher side of the drugstore range, but it's worth it. "You're worth it". B-)

Price: Rs. 895 ($14)

Tell me your favorite drugstore mascaras in the comments below!



Related Articles

11 comments:

  1. I love that Bob's Burgers GIPH! So funny and I love the review girlie.

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mascara is a Bae :D My favorite is MNY Falsis.. Nice compilation :)

    Recently Posted:Handmade Hemp soap and Rhododendron Cold pressed soap review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drugstore mascara is always my favorite -Hanna Lei

    Latest Post: Grey Dress at the White River

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice compilation :)

    http://skincarevilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks. These are my favorites too :)
    www.thebeautyinsideout.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only tried the first one but they all seems really good quality!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Until trying the Maybelline Lash Sensational, I'd never really gotten on well with Maybelline mascaras. I can't remember why though. Flaking maybe? I know I tried The Falsie's, but seeing as that was more than 5 years ago & I've really enjoyed the Lash Sensational, I think I may experiment with some other Maybelline mascaras. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post :)

    http://msmeehnia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried the falsies one yet. Other two are my personal favorites! Great compilation!

    ReplyDelete