Wednesday, 24 August 2016

My Current Skin Care Routine!

clean and clear lemon, atopia cream, vichy thermal spa water, plum face masks, plum aloe moisturizer, QV Body lotion, the face shop sheet mask, la shield suncreen gel, votre serum

I cannot stress enough upon how crazy important it is to have a skin care routine! I know 'cuz if I skip mine for more than a day, pesky acne pop up to remind me of my negligence.

You don't really need to have an elaborate regimen consisting of products that wreck your wallet. On the contrary, a lot of dermatologists believe that you must keep it as simple as possible for your face to breath. What's more important is that you be extremely regular about using them to yield your desired skin. 
Okay, so I don't use ALL the products in the picture punctually. I mean I try my best to, but more often than not my laziness gets the better of me. However, I make sure I at least cleanse, moisturize and spritz thermal water. For my night time routine, I just use a cleanser and moisturizer.

Here're the details of every product in my skin care routine in the order I use them:

Daily

1. Cleanser: Just Herbs Silksplash Neem-Orange Rehydrant Face Wash (OR) Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Brightening Daily Facial Wash with Lemon and Papaya Extracts
I use either of the two face washes depending on my mood. The former one is really gentle on my skin and it's great when I am going through a bad breakout. Clean & Clear is pretty effective in eliminating dullness after a long day out. However, it can be a little drying on the skin.

2. Serum: Votre Face Serum
I started using serums recently and it has considerably improved the texture of my skin. They're light and fast-absorbing, imbuing an innate sheen on your face. If you're above 20, I definitely recommend you incorporate a serum at least every other day.
I usually apply it on my damp skin and wait around 15 secs before moving on to the next step.

3. Moisturizer: Atopia Cream (OR) Plum Hello Aloe Caring Day Moisturizer
I use Plum Aloe during day time as it gives me a matte yet hydrated texture and Atopia Cream at night, waking up to a radiant and soft skin.

4. Spa Water: Vichy Eau Thermale Spa Water
Spraying spa water is essential to lock-in the goodness of everything you just applied. Vichy Thermal Water refreshes my skin and also calms down my redness!

5. Sunscreen: La Shield Sunscreen Gel SPF 40 (PA + + + Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB)
This sunscreen is my life. I am not kidding. I could write poems on it and how it transformed my skin when it had horrible sunburns following a camp. La Shield is creamy in color so it does not leave a white cast on your face and it gets absorbed into your skin in a few secs. My dermatologist prescribed it to me and I cannot thank her enough for that. It's oil-free, non-comedogenic and water resistant. If you were to blindly take two skincare recommendations from me, it'd be La Shield Sunscreen Gel and Atopia Cream. My ultimate HG stuff!





6. Lip balm: Maybelline Baby Lips & Organic Harvest
I don't have a fixed lip balm which I use daily. In fact, I don't even remember how many I have at the moment as every time I go out, I have to purchase a new one #LipBalmAddict. These are the ones I managed to find on the top of my dresser.

7. Body Lotion: QV Skin Lotion
QV Lotion is manufactured by an Australian pharmaceutical company, EGO. The lotion is fragrance-free and of perfect consistency to replenish my dry skin. That being said, I am sure people of all skin types will also find it suitable to use on a daily basis. 


WEEKLY

1. Cleanser: Same as mentioned earlier

2. Scrub: For some reason, commercial scrubs NEVER suited me. I've attempted a myriad of them, however always ended up with flakiness. So I tried this DIY scrub a year ago and never looked back! It's simple and makes your skin glowing and baby soft in a matter of 30 secs. All you need are:
  • 1 Lemon
  • 1.5 tbsp Sugar
  • Half tbsp Olive/Coconut Oil
I gently scrub this paste on my face and lips for about 30-50 secs and wash off with lukewarm water. You cannot resist creepily touching your face for the next two days, I promise!

3. Face Mask: 

I love experimenting with face masks the most, so I keep changing them every once in a while. Aforementioned are the ones I currently enjoy using. I apply any one of the masks on my damp skin, extending to the neck, and keep it on for around 20 mins.

4. Vichy Eau Thermale Spa Water: I spray the spa water on my face after washing off the mask to enhance their benefits.


So that was my daily & weekly skin care routine! Lemme know yours!



Related Articles

14 comments:

  1. Love your blog, your style is so fresh and I got so much inspirations from your posts, I really love it!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    Love, Laura xx
    http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post. I agree with you we have to keep the routine simple. I want to try Plum moisturizer :)

    Recently Posted: Jovees Premium Sunscreen review !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharking your skincare routine! I might need to check some of these products out!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good suggestions!! I can't wait to try the sunscreen!

    -Kelsie
    www.designlifediaires.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good suggestions. Loved your routine :)

    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/my-night-time-skincare-routine/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never made a homemade skincare product before, but I've always wanted to try. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to try out your diy scrub. I have read good things about it. Thanks for sharing, beautiful.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a consistent routine is so important! I also love what a serum can do for your skin! I'll have to give your DIY scrub a try!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Detailed and helpful post. I love homemade scrubs. Thanks for sharing this post. :)

    Alisha
    www.rasoirecipe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice suggestion.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. fANTASTIC PRODUCTS AND THANKS FOR THE TIPS!
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you that the skincare regimen should be simple one. Your diy scrub sounds great. I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your Current Skin Care Routine and i mostly used
    Natural skincare by mbotanicals.

    ReplyDelete