Friday, 3 March 2017

Juicy Chemistry Frankincense & Hemp Seed Serum Review

Juicy Chemistry Frankincense & Hemp Seed Serum, skin care, india, acne, packaging, indian serums for acne prone skin
I've only recently begun to foray into the realm of serums in order to repair my extremely dry and sensitive skin. After finally having exhausting the Votre Face Serum, I was on a look out for something new as trying out different stuff is essentially the sole key to keeping my skin care regime going. That's when I came across the Juicy Chemistry Frankincense & Hemp Seed, which was previously known as Stop the Spot Acne Control Serum.

Let's see if it managed to win my heart or left me blehh.

Product Description: 

"This serum is a spot-fighting superhero. It is jam-packed with acne-fighting and skin-healing ingredients like jasmine, sandalwood, tea tree, neem, clove, turmeric, peppermint, and frankincense oils. This magical elixir targets infection at its root and also promotes skin rejuvenation. It minimises acne-scars and doesn’t strip moisture from the skin. Spots begone!"

Ingredients:

Vitus vinifera (Grapeseed Oil), Argania spinosa (Argan Oil), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Essential Oil), Boswellia carterii (Frankincense Essential Oil), Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender Essential Oil), Mentha spicata (Peppermint Essential Oil), Syzygium aromatica (Clove Essential Oil), Curcuma longa (Turmeric Essential Oil), Azadirachta indica (Neem Essential Oil), Santalum album (Sandalwood Essential Oil), Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree Essential Oil), Jasminum officinale (Jasmine Essential Oil)

Price: ₹ 400

Quantity: 10 ml (also available in 30 ml)

Packaging: Dusky glass bottle with a sturdy dropper


Juicy Chemistry Frankincense & Hemp Seed Serum, dropper, packaging, color, consistency, skin care, india, serum, acne, acne prone skin, indian



Color and Consistency: Deep yellow liquid

Juicy Chemistry Frankincense & Hemp Seed Serum, dropper, packaging, color, consistency, indian, india, acne prone skin, indian serum for acne






My Experience:

I've been using the Juicy Chemistry Frankincense and Hemp Seed serum for about 2 months now. I apply it post cleansing my face thoroughly every night and let it seep into my skin for approximately 30 secs. I also mix it with my face pack once a week. Because of the color of this serum, it cannot be used during the daytime. 

So did I see any difference in my acne after using it for this long? Erm, I don't know. It does make my complexion even and imbues a natural glow on my face, but I am not sure of their spots and acne reduction claims. However, it does alleviate the redness caused by the marks.

The biggest flaw in this serum is its fragrance- it's way too overpowering even for a tolerant nose like mine. And it lingers around for good 30 mins. Which is why I keep applying it as the last thing before I retire to bed so I don't have to meet anyone with my funny yellow colored skin and crazy strong smell.

Pros:

  • 100% natural and chemical-free
  • Easily available online
  • Imparts a natural glow to the skin
  • Reduces redness
  • Easily permeable
  • Sturdy dropper 

Cons:

  • The fragrance. Ugh.
  • Leaves a prominent yellow tint on the skin
  • Not potent enough for recurring acne

Ratings: 3/5

Final Verdict: Juicy Chemistry's Frankincense and Hemp Seed Serum works well in evening out the complexion with its impressive set of natural ingredients. However, for a person with an acne-prone skin, it may fall short in fulfilling their claims. 









Related Articles

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, but an overpowering fragrance is enough for me to not want to use. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!


    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any product that has hemp in it! Great post lady!!!

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

    ReplyDelete
  4. New brand for me. Even I can't stand overpowering fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo I need a spot fighter! I have been getting some nasty acne spots lately. Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look interesting and cool! :)

    http://www.alifyalifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very protective of my skin and definitely try to use minimal product but this looks worth looking into. Thanks for sharing lady!

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com
    Instagram/Snapchat/Twitter: @missdsquared413

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete